https://dovevn.com/

Warehouse fire prompts stay-inside warning in Ohio

Authorities have warned about 2,000 southwest Ohio residents to stay inside because of potentially hazardous fumes from a warehouse fire.

Authorities have warned about 2,000 southwest Ohio residents to stay inside because of potentially hazardous fumes from a warehouse fire.

Jeff Galloway with the Butler County Emergency Management Agency says several toxic chemicals were inside the Marflex Building Solutions warehouse. The fire broke out around 1:30 a.m. Tuesday.

A dispatcher tells The Cincinnati Enquirer no injuries have been reported.

Fire officials are letting the fire burn itself out. Madison Township Fire Chief Kent Hall says dousing it with water could spread toxins into the ground.

The Marflex website says the company makes foundation waterproofing and concrete building products.

Hall says residents may leave for work but school buses have been kept out of the area.

___

Information from: The Cincinnati Enquirer, http://www.enquirer.com

In Other News

© 2020 US News. All Rights Reserved.